Friday, April 15, 2005

Back to the Beginning

This afternoon, I went down to the park where my wife and I got married about six and a half years ago. There's now a park bench on the place we stood and said our vows.

I remembered vividly what my wife looked like on that pleasant August morning by the ocean. As I sat there, I recalled how she walked across the grass with her father at her arm and she approached me. I cried that day; I was overwhelmed by her beauty and I was sure of her love for me. I sat there and looked where our families and friends sat and how they smiled and cried as we exchanged vows; pledging ourselves to each other and to God for the rest of our lives.

Today, all I could do was pray. There was no woman standing there, no friends and no family. The only one that showed up to be with me today was God. And so I talked to Him and I pleaded with him to restore our marriage and make us whole. I asked him to fight for the covenant that we made with him and to soften the heart of my wife toward me and God.

Pray for us that our marriage might be restored.