Tuesday, January 17, 2006

Is It Too Much To Ask?

Women frequently complain when men leave the toilet seat up. I don't see this as a legitimate complaint. Sure, you have to sit down to go pee but so what? Sometimes we get lazy and don't bother putting the seat up when we have to go. Often times this leads to an assortment of drips and splashes on the surface that you sit on. Wouldn't it be in YOUR best interest ladies for you to put the seat up when you're done to mitigate the possibility of this happening?

Frankly, I think it would be much easier for us guys to remember to put the seat up after completing a healthy dump than it is to remember to put up before peeing and down after we're done.

I think that if women could simply learn to put the seat up when they're finished that it would reduce at least one source of marital strife. Think about it. You ladies get upset when we forget to put the seat down but we wouldn't be upset at all if you happened to forget to put it up when you're done.

There is no downside to what I am proposing ladies but if you can come up with any logical arguments against it, I'd be more than happy to hear you out.

And in case you're wondering, nothing in particular sparked this post; it just a theory I've had in my head for a few years and I thought I'd share it with you.