Tuesday, February 28, 2006

Stupid Lawyers - Stupid People


Cute pen eh? It's made out of plastic and has a cushy rubberized grip. And for you convenience, there is a clip for you to attach the pen to you keys or whatever. My friends in the post below had this pen sitting on their desk at home.

Notice the little warning on the clip though: NOT FOR CLIMBING

We do live in a litigious society and people sue for stupid things that are their own fault but lawyers perpetuate the nonsense by insisting that warnings be placed on things where any reasonable individual would not even consider engaging in the activity warned against on the item.

I've done a bit of rock climbing in my day and I know I wouldn't rely on a freaking pen to suspend me from a cliff, bridge or whatever though.

**end rant**