What Else Won't Work?
Jorge Bush was out here Irvine, CA today. Unfortunately, I couldn't go see him and probably wouldn't have made it through the door anyway. I would have like to heckle him a bit but getting arrested by the Secret Service isn't high on my agenda either.
Referring to the deportation of illegal immigrants, Bush said:
"I know this is an emotional debate," Bush said. "But the one thing we cannot lose sight of is we're talking about human beings, decent human beings. Massive deportation of the people here is unrealistic. It's not going to work."Did you catch that last part? "Massive deportation of the people here is unrealistic. It's not going to work."
That to me is language for "We're not even going to bother to try." Oh, sure, there is an occasional show of force where a couple of hundred people get caught and deported in an employer raid but if only 1/2 of one percent of the conservative estimated of 12,000,000 were deported, that would be 600,000 people. Would that really be difficult? No, I don't think so. Would it be difficult to round up one percent of the illegals? No. That wouldn't be difficult either. And it would be a heck of a deterrent to other illegals coming in to this country.
Ok, so let's take Bush at his word that mass deportations won't work. What else won't work?
- Let's not even attempt to arrest pedophiles. They're going to keep doing it anyway.
- Don't bother inspecting cargo at the major ports. There's really no way to stop a nuke from getting in to this country.
- Why worry about exporting military tech to China? They're going to steal it anyway.
- Who cares about welfare fraud? Everyone needs money; enforcing those laws is prejudicial.
- And lastly, let's just forget about border guards or a wall. Don't even worry about stopping people from coming here, they're going to do it anyway.