Tuesday, February 05, 2008

Coming Soon...

I haven't been to see many movies lately. Good movies are getting harder and harder to find. When it comes to movies, I mostly prefer mindless entertainment, special effects and pretty girls. Movies are for visual stimulation. If I need intellectual stimulation, I'll read a book. Even so, once in a while I like a good drama or a romantic date movie.

I was cruising through Apple's collection of movie trailers and thought I'd put up a list of movies I'd like to see. **Disclaimer - I'm not actually recommending these movies since I haven't actually seen them. So if you go see one of these movies and hate it, don't be sending me a bill to get a refund on your ticket prices. The link provided for each movie will take you to the trailer for it.
  • Wanted - Angelina Jolie, guns, bullets that curve. This is going to be a good one!
  • Defiance - This looks like it has the makings of a good libertarian movie. During WWII a group of Jews in Russia escape to the forest to fight for their survival. Starring Daniel Craig and Liev Schreiber.
  • Ironman - I never read the comic but the action in this one looks promising. Looks like Robert Downey Jr. stayed sober long enough to make a good action flick.
  • Doomsday - Stupid plot (virus wipes out millions but there's a city of survivors) but who cares. Swords, guns, motorcycles and a hot chick leading the fight. Yes, despite the implausibility of a 120 pound woman being a truly formidable warrior I LIKE those movies. Suspend your disbelief and grab the popcorn. No, bring your own snacks, that movie theater crap is too expensive.
  • Son Of Rambow - Yes, you read that right, RAMBOW. I just know Little Dif will like this one so it's on my list.
  • 88 Minutes - Al Pacino, always a safe bet.
  • Start Trek - Shut up! I'm going to see it anyway.
  • Witless Protection - Larry The Cable Guy. Good old redneck humor! Get er done!
  • Never Back Down - Of course we know what's going to happen. So?
  • Leatherheads - Yes, George Clooney is a commie bastard but he's funny and Renee Zelwhatever is always nice to look at.
  • You Don't Mess With The Zohan - Adam Sandler is an ex Israeli solider who leaves it all behind to ... cut hair. It looks pretty funny.
  • Kung Fu Panda - Another one for Little Dif that I'd probably enjoy too.
  • Chronicles of Narnia - Disney did a surprisingly good job with the first one. I'd go see this one even without Little Dif but of course I'll take her.
  • Nim's Island - Little Dif will LOVE this one.
  • Fool's Gold - I guess I'll wait for Eleanor and watch this one on DVD.
  • In The Name Of The King - An epic battle with what looks like some decent special effects. It's not going to be LOTR but entertaining nonetheless.
  • Definitely, Maybe - I'll admit, daddy/daughter movies make me cry; seriously, I can't help it. I won't take Little Dif to see this one though and I probably won't see it in the theatre but I'll probably rent it after it comes out on DVD.
  • Speed Racer - No explanation needed.
  • 10,000 B.C. - Another epic adventure but the theme is intriguing; cave men at war.
  • The Dark Knight - Christian Bale returns as Batman to fight The Joker (The late Heath Ledger). Batman Begins was good; let's see how this turns out.
  • Hancock - Will Smith as a loser superhero. It looks funny.
It's highly unlikely that I'll actually end up seeing all of those movies or even half of them, especially since I only see 5-10 movies a year in the theater. But that's my list and I'm sticking too it!