Monday, November 07, 2005

Bad Customer Service

I took Little Dif to see Chicken Little this weekend. I decided I would splurge and buy a bucket of pop corn. We found our seats and I told Little Dif to wait for just a minute while I go get popcorn for us. The previews were starting so I knew she would stay occupied.

I saw that the line for the snack bar was long but I figured it would move quickly. I was wrong, dead wrong. I've seen people work faster at the DMV! These kids had no hustle in them whatsoever. I couldn't believe what I was seeing. They had absolutely no concern for the fact that there were at least ten people in each line and that people wanted to get their snacks so that they could get in to their movie.

I waited nearly ten minutes before deciding I'd had enough. Fortunately, Little Dif was excited enough about the movie that she didn't care about the popcorn.

I did go complain to the snack bar manager after the movie was over though. I was polite but I didn't pull any punches. I told him to just spend ten minutes watching how these kids moved and that they needed to be trained better. He apologized but I'm not sure he really cared.

This was a very bad weekend for customer service. I also went to a place called Norm's which is sort of like Denny's but not as nice. They have great food though and I like the place.

It was a nightmare on Friday. They were a little busy but not overwhelmed. I ordered a patty melt and Little Dif wanted pancakes. Forty minutes later we walked out because our food still hadn't arrived. I couldn't believe it.

For the record, I've worked in both fast food and a waiter so I know how these places are supposed to work.