Friday, May 19, 2006

Flashback Friday

One year ago today I posted this:
Well, I finally stopped drinking. After almost 25 years straight...

....oh, you thought I meant booze. Sorry, I meant Mountain Dew.

After almost 25 years straight of drinking Mountain Dew, I gave it up almost 2 weeks ago. I've quit before. I have forced myself to stay off of it for up to a month.

This time is different. I'm not forcing myself. Nearly two weeks ago, I cracked open a 2 liter bottle of anti-freeze, drank less than 1/4 of the bottle and felt a little sick to my stomach.

...read the rest

So now it's been over on year since I hit the bottle. I've pretty much maintained my weight around 205 for the last year. That's down from 235-240 18 months ago.

Now, if I can just go out and start getting a little moderate exercise, I could lose about 15 more pounds and be at what I (not some silly government health office) consider my ideal weight of 190. I can't imagine how I'd look now if I ever got back down to 175 again. I'd look downright sickly.