Thursday, May 12, 2005

On The Wagon

Well, I finally stopped drinking. After almost 25 years straight...

....oh, you thought I meant booze. Sorry, I meant Mountain Dew.

After almost 25 years straight of drinking Mountain Dew, I gave it up almost 2 weeks ago. I've quit before. I have forced myself to stay off of it for up to a month.

This time is different. I'm not forcing myself. Nearly two weeks ago, I cracked open a 2 liter bottle of anti-freeze, drank less than 1/4 of the bottle and felt a little sick to my stomach.

I dumped the rest of it down the sink and threw the bottle away. I just lost my taste for it. I'm not craving it, desiring it, thirsting for it, pining after it, or mourning the loss of it in my life.

In fact, when I went in to the liqour store across the street to get something to drink, I look at the Dew and I exclaimed out loud, "Yuck!" It doesn't even sound good anymore. Now, I'd much rather have an energy drink (Kronik is the best if you can find it). I have had other soda but I didn't go out of my way for it nor do I have any desire to replace the Dew with something else that I'll consume just as much of.

Over the next couple of months, I'll see how much better I feel and whether or not I lose any additional weight (I've lost about 30 pounds since December).

Good riddance Dew of the Mountain, I wish I never knew ye.