Wednesday, May 04, 2005

Quantum Luck

***THEORY WARNING***

I don't believe that anything is truly random. Neither the fragments from an explosion or the way smoke curls are random. The patterns are very difficult to find but they are there.

I'm no expert when it comes to quantum physics but I believe that luck has more to do with quantum interactions than randomness.

Have you ever noticed that some people just seem to always be lucky while others are nearly always unlucky? Could there be a scientific reason for that? I think there might be.

It's possible that luck and related phenomenon have to do with quantum distortion. Everything is made up of matter and energy. That means, in part, that we're also composed of quantum particles.

Is it possible that the combination of quantum particles that make up a unit (whether that's a person or an object of some kind) have a quantum signature that can interfere with the larger quantum balance of the universe?

The idea of a rabbit's foot being good luck seems ludicrous but let's examine the possiblity using that as an example.

Let's say that the quantum signature of a rabbit's foot interacts with my quantum signature in such a way that it causes me to accrue a bit more of the positive quantum balance than someone else.

Before you think I've gone completely off my rocker, ask yourself why quantum particles could not interact in much the same way that chemicals do.

I don't really have anything to back this up other than it just being a crazy idea. What if I'm right though? What would this mean in terms of religion? I personally don't see a conflict. It's not a stretch to think that God could answer prayers here in our physical realm by manipulating the quantum field.

Anyway, let me know what you think about this. I'm open to suggestion including a complete debunking of my theory. But you'd better be able to make a good case for why it's not possible.