Wednesday, August 23, 2006

Miscellany

I had to replace a hard drive for someone so I went to Best Buy and picked up a 120 Gig drive and it was only $50.00. Can you believe that? That's about $0.41/MB. And here's a warning for you while I'm at it. BACK UP YOUR DATA!

---

Google has apparently taken Newsgroups of it's main search page. For those of you that don't know what that is, don't worry about it. For those of you who use the vast knowledge base stored there, you can still find Newsgroups on their site here. Newsgroups have been my primary research tool when it comes to solving computer problems for many years.

---

Pismo Beach is an incredible place. If you ever get a chance to spend a weekend (or more) there, I highly recommend it.

---

If you get a chance to see the movie Dreamer with Kurt Russell and Dakota Fanning, I recommend it. It actually made me shed a few tears. If you're not a dad with a little girl, it might not have the same effect on you.