Monday, February 26, 2007

Good Decision - Bad Science

I've already noted my opinions about global warming in other posts, which is to say that I am not a proponent of that theory.

That being said, I think that Oregon, California, Washington, New Mexico and Arizona have taken a step in the right direction in terms of proper government even if I don't agree with their conclusions.

These states have formed a pact to bypass the Bush administration and make some of their own environmental law.

Why do I support this? Because it's the way government is supposed to run. This is how the states are supposed to work. I don't like what they are doing in this particular instance; I think it's bad for the economy, commerce etc. But at least the citizens of any given state can make changes to their law through the initiative process; at least we can here in California.

More states need to cooperate and leave the Fed out of the loop. I just want it to be for better purposes than this stupid global warming crap.