Monday, March 24, 2008

Where's My Disability Check?

It seems that I, and probably most of you reading this have a mental illness. I have no doubt the neo-cons and liberals would agree with that assessment with no further qualification but that's not what this is about.

The American Journal of Psychiatry is reporting that excessive emailing and texting are a form of mental illness. I first picked up on this here.

So, what I want to know is, when do I start collecting my disability check because I am clearly mentally ill. But wouldn't putting people on disability simply further the problem? "Here you are good citizen; have some tax payer money because you're disabled. Now you can sit home and umm, oh, that would be counter productive; you'll just be on line more often. Oh well, those are the rules. Enjoy!"

Seriously though, look at the Americans With Disabilities Act and look at all the crap that's considered a disability. You can't even fire someone just for being an alcoholic anymore! Alcoholism is a DISEASE you know and they can't help it!

Why does everything have to be a disorder or a disease?

Labels: