Friday, November 18, 2005

Devvy Kidd & The 16th Amendment

I sent the following email to Devvy Kidd who wrote this article for WorldNet Daily detailing the case of Bill Benson and his battle with the Feds over the legitimacy of the 16th Amendment to the Constitution which authorized the income tax:

Devvy,

The article was great and I have no doubt that the 16th Amendment was not properly ratified. Why hasn't Bill Benson distributed an electronic copy of his documents to every Congressman, media outlet and interested party who wants it? I see by his website that he sells some books and DVD's but it doesn't look to me like the entirety of his research. I would think that copies of those pages would be available to everyone. I understand the guy needs to make some money but wouldn't it serve his interest (and probably his income) better if he were to make his work available to all?

My theory is this: Distribute the work freely via download (via the bittorrent system for example) and give the project more visibility to the public. Certain members of the public would continue his research and make a great deal of noise about it. In the mean time, Mr. Benson could charge speaking fees, consulting fees etc. to further explain things. After a while, public outrage would (I hope) grow intense enough to force Congress to act and either prove that the 16th was legal or have it repealed. Everyone wins, our economy is the best in the world again and inflation is no longer stealing our wealth.

You've certainly been at this a lot longer than I have and your insight would be much appreciated.

I have posted a copy of this email on my blog: http://difster.blogspot.com

Regards,

Difster