Sunday, October 08, 2006

Hillary For Dictator!

A Dumbacrat and Rethuglican have joined evil forces to install Hillary Clinton as Dictator President for Life.

They are co-sponsoring legislation that would be the first step in repealing the 22nd Amendment to the Constitution which limits a President to two terms in office. Even if it was repealed it would not allow Bush a third term.

This is such a bad idea I hardly know where to start. It could set us up for 12 years of Hillary. Incumbents are very difficult to defeat in an election. Sure, George H. W. Bush was defeated by Clinton, but if you were paying even the scantest attention to that race, you would have seen that the elder Bush wasn't even really trying to win. I think he was just tired.

I cannot think of one good reason why the 22nd Amendment should be repealed. In the early days of America, Presidents returned home to farms and careers. Some took a 'demotion' and served in the House and I think a few became Governors of their home states. In any case, it was not a position to be held on to for long periods of time.

Let's face it, the President of the United States has the power to change the history of the entire world just by holding a press conference. Do we really want that person to be allowed to hold power for more than 8 years? I don't think so.

As it is, I don't think we should ever elect the same person twice except under extraordinary circumstances. I am ashamed to admit I voted for Bush in round one. I voted for Badnarik instead of Bush in the last round though.

My guess is that this bill won't even make it out of committee but if it grows legs, we're going to have to make one doozy of a letter writing campaign to our Governor's in order to knock the wind out of it.