Tuesday, October 23, 2007

An Acceptable Compromise

I made a deal with my boss this morning.

I've been hammering on him about Ron Paul. He's the "anyone but Hillary" type of person. He doesn't think Ron Paul has a glimmer of hope. I told him that there is no way I could ever support Giulliani if he get the Republican nomination. He's been hammering on me saying that if I don't vote for whatever Republican gets the nomination, that I'm voting for Hillary. The math just doesn't work out that way but whatever, we're not going to agree on that.

So I told him to at least vote for Ron Paul in the Republican Primary. He agreed. But he made a deal with me. He said that he and his wife would vote for Ron Paul in the Primary if voted for who ever got the GOP nomination in the general election.

I agreed to that without a moments hesitation. Why? Because no one but Ron Paul will be able to beat Shillary anyway so it won't matter who I actually cast my vote for. That is especially true here in California. Traditionally, all of the electoral votes for California go to the Democrats, it's just a given. I think Ron Paul could take California if he gets the nomination but who can say. There are a lot of Democrats who support him simply because of his stance on the war.

All in all, I think it's an acceptable compromise to get two votes for Ron Paul in the Primary.

Labels: , , , , ,