Friday, October 12, 2007

Rush Blows Off Ron Paul Question

Rush Limbaugh took a call today on Open Line Friday today. What follows is a transcript of the entire call wherein a caller asks Rush to discuss Ron Paul.

RUSH: Andrew in Mount Lake Terrace, Washington. Hi.

CALLER: Hi, Rush, how's it going?

RUSH: Good. Fine. Thank you.

CALLER: I'm calling today to talk about Congressman Ron Paul, and I think that he is probably one of the more conservative candidates running for president, and I think that you should talk about him more on your radio show.

RUSH: I should talk about Ron Paul more?

CALLER: Yes.

RUSH: Okay. Well, it's Open Line Friday, so I'll take that under advisement. I appreciate it. You're a Ron Paul acolyte?

CALLER: Well, I'm an 18-year-old now, in Mount Terrace, Washington, and I've been following the 2008 election.

RUSH: Right.

CALLER: And, I don't know, I think that he's... Sorry if I seem a little nervous. It's my first time calling you.

RUSH: I understand that. I've been a first-time caller, too, many years ago. I know how nervous it is. We don't have much time here to talk about Ron Paul because the time is dwindling. Let's see, I have seven seconds, six seconds. What can I say? Uh... Ron Paul. Republican candidate for president, Ron Paul.

What is Limbaugh afraid of? Why would he stonewall on the subject of Ron Paul? It's been obvious for years that Limbaugh is mostly just a mouthpiece for Bush and the GOP but you think he'd have more to say on the subject. Even a criticism of Paul's stance on Iraq would have been more appropriate than what he did.

I'm going to answer my own question though. He stonewalled because he KNOWS there are hoards of Ron Paul supporters out there waiting to jump all over him if he's critical of him and he doesn't want Paul or his supporters to get any attention.

So please, pass this on.

Labels: , ,