Family Friendly Education
...but only if you're a homosexual family.
In May of last year, I wrote about a bill introduced in to the California Senate which was ultimately defeated. Not only is it back with a vengeance, it's the law of the land.
Our Not-So-Beloved Governor Schwarzenegger signed SB 777 in to law. He should be recalled as governor immediately. This bill was authored by Representative Sheila Kuehel, an activist lesbian.
This law is nothing short of forced homosexual indoctrination of our children. Please have a vomit bag handy before continuing.
Here is the full text of the bill under question.
There are two major things that this law accomplishes:
- It removes the definition of "sex" (biological sexual trait) and replaces it with "gender" which is one's own perception of sexual identity regardless of actual biological sexual assignment.
- It defines atheism and agnosticism as religions in the educational code.
Notice what was changed. 'Sex' was replaced with 'gender'. 'Mental or physical disability' was replaced with the nebulous 'disability', and 'national origin' was replaced with 'nationality'.SECTION 1. Section 200 of the Education Code is amended to read:
200. It is the policy of the State of California to afford all
persons in public schools, regardless of their
sex, ethnicdisability, gender, nationality, race or ethnicity,
group identification, race, national origin, religion, mental or
physical disability, or regardless of any actual or perceived
religion, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic that
is contained in the definition of hate crimes set forth in Section
422.55 of the Penal Code, equal rights and opportunities in the
educational institutions of the state. The purpose of this chapter is
to prohibit acts which are contrary to that policy and to provide
- Gender For Sex - 'Sex' is a biological definition. There are two sexes; male and female. Yes, there are some people born with both traits but it's very rare. Replacing sex with gender opens us up to how any individual perceives his/her/its sexual identity. The law now says that we have to accommodate that persons perceptions.
- Disability - This is a suspicious change. Why take out "mental or physical" from that list? Section 210.1 was added to the code to define disability as mental or physical but the change still concerns me. If some of you have ideas on how this can be manipulated, I'm open to suggestions.
- Nationality - 'National origin' indicated where some one has come from. Having that term replaced with 'nationality' tells me that it's ok to come here, use our public resources, supported by taxpayers without any regard for integrating oneself in to American culture and society. It's a minor change I realize but it was changed for a reason. Again, it makes me wonder what it leaves open for legal manipulation.
210.7. "Gender" means sex, and includes a person's gender
identity and gender related appearance and behavior whether or not
stereotypically associated with the person's assigned sex at birth.
SEC. 5. Section 212 of the Education Code is repealed.
212. "Sex" means the biological condition or quality of being a
male or female human being.
Why the change? What mischief does this open us up to? The term 'sex' was completely stricken from the code. Biology is no longer legally relevant. Boys can wear dresses to school and use the girls bathrooms and locker rooms because they want to act female. Brianna can force her teachers to call her Bob and dress like a boy. Girls can run for homecoming king, boys for queen, etc. Does this also mean that a boy who's perceived gender identity is female can join the girls soccer team? You can bet it will happen. And what happens when other students, who have moral and values that view cross-dressing and homosexuality as wrong speak up and refuse to accept the new gender definitions foisted upon them? If Andrew starts wearing dresses and makeup to school and the other kids tease him, will they be forced in to "sensitivity" classes? You can bet that various districts will be proactive and start forcing children in to these classes anyway without parental consent.
Given the non-discrimination clause, this means that homosexuals, transsexuals and bisexuals must be positively portrayed in textbooks etc. There is wide speculation that the terms "mom" and "dad" will be eliminated from the text books because those terms are seen as discriminatory toward same sex couples with children by the homosexual activists. There are way more implications to all of this than I can even begin to explore here. Please add your own thoughts in the comments.
One of the more troubling aspects of this law isn't even being mentioned by anyone else.
Make no mistake here. The Republik of Kalifornia has just codified atheisim and agnosticism in to law as religions. Non-belief is now a religion according to the law. This will be used as the final push to get any religious references out of the schools (particularly Christianity). Now, people who don't believe God exists can sue because they simply have to say that atheism is their religion and they're being discriminated against.SEC. 25. Section 66262 is added to the Education Code, to read:
66262. "Religion" includes all aspects of religious belief,
observance, and practice and includes agnosticism and atheism.
This should be, but sadly won't be the the death knell of the public school system, or, as I like to call it, the Collectivist Education Camps. Please go read my post from two years ago about shutting down the public school system completely.
This also has national implications, so don't think that because you don't live in California that this won't affect you and your children eventually.