Thursday, March 08, 2007

A Serious Drink

I guess my friend was having a crazy day. In her email she said, "I need a drink, a serious drink."

My response:

Drink: Tanya, we need to talk, have a seat. We've been together a long time now and it's time you took our relationship more seriously. I'm really tired of this casual drinking, I want a commitment.

Tanya: I'm sorry Drink, I just don't think I can commit to something like that right now. I've got 3 kids living here and this new house to take care of. I love you and I'm glad we can have some time together but I just don't think I can do anymore than that, it wouldn't be fair to the kids.

Drink: But Tanya, look at all of the good times we've had together! I'm probably responsible for at least one of your children being born, doesn't that mean anything to you?

Tanya: I hear what you're saying Drink and we have had a lot of good times. They are some of the best times I can never remember but I've got a lot of responsibilities now and I am trying to get my Real Estate license too. I simply don't have the time. Don't get me wrong Drink, I really appreciate you but you've always known the kind of relationship we've had; I've never led you on. And hey, I know you love the occasional mid week quickie. Yeah, look at that smile. But seriously Drink, if we can't keep it casual I'm going to have to say goodbye.

Drink: I suppose you're right Tanya, but I guess I had to try. I'll always be here for you.